Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Trader


The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Trader

After reading the first Narnia book I have been anxious to continue reading the rest of the story. I decided to pick up the Voyage of the Dawn Trader and see how it was. Honestly it is my favorite up to this point. I felt it was very good that it did a quick intro for new characters but almost instantly jumped from Earth to Narnia. I was also happy to know that Peter and Susan would not be making this trip, especially since they were so extremely whiny in Prince Caspian. On the other hand Eustace was quite annoying early on but after his encounter with Aslan, his attitude changes for the better.

This book however felt a lot more preachy than previous books. In the previous books, the religious tone in there but not really mentioned. Aslan almost directly states that he is God and the children must learn to know him in their world because they could not come back to Narnia. I wasn't really bothered by this but just a little surprised by how direct Lewis chose to be in this story.

After finishing this book I felt pretty happy and was glad I chose to read it. I really look forward to reading the rest of the story through out the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment