Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz


The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Like other people, growing up I have seen The Wizard of Oz film countless times. However, I never read the book even though I have had a copy since I could walk. I figured it was about time to start reading it.
I thought there would be minor differences, besides the musicals not being there, but I was completely wrong. The book was great. The movie is kind of annoying. I loved learning the back story about the tin woodsman. I also enjoyed how Baum chose to show the lion, scarecrow, and tin woodsman had the traits they wanted from the wizard all along.

I felt myself wondering so many times why they chose to leave things out of the film. I guess it was because of many different reason which all make sense but I still wish I could see them on film. I would like to see a true to the book film version made but then again I don't because it may ruin the version that is in my head. I guess it is this way with many if not all books made into film.

No comments:

Post a Comment