Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Starship Troopers


Starship Troopers would have to be my first reading of Science Fiction and after hearing many great things about the movie I figured the book would be even better. Honestly, after reading through a good portion of the book, I became bored and wasn't sure if it was maybe because I was just not giving the book my full attention. Upon this realization I decided to put the book down and try another day because I really wanted to enjoy this book. During my second attempt I realized that this was a book that just wasn't for me. The writing was good and the main characters story of his different events in his military career was not bad either, but I felt as if any other featured in the book were very flat. I also thought it was a little unbelievable the way the father was pretty anti-military but then later he changes his views pretty easily. I would have to say that even though it was a well written book, at no point did it really draw me in. I just wished I would have enjoyed it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment