Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mythic Fiction


Mythic Fiction

American Gods

All I have to say is Wow. I had always heard good things about this books but wasn’t very sure when I would have the opportunity to read it. I am glad that I finally had the chance. Neil Gaiman is amazing at being incredibly descriptive without it getting annoying. I was totally drawn into this story from the beginning. Every taste, scent, and feeling that the characters were experiencing, were illustrated beautifully in my mind even if they weren’t the most beautiful subjects. I was amazingly disappointed when the story was over but not because of the ending, but because I wanted to continue reading. Because of this feeling I feel that to give it the justice it deserves, I feel as if I should sit down and read it a second time through as to maybe catch things I may have missed. This book is the equivalent to a great movie that no matter how many times you see it, whenever it’s on tv you have to sit down and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment