Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Novel of Spiritual Education.


The Novel of Spiritual Education.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew


So, I do not agree with some, but for me that is usually the case. For this weeks reading I decided to read the first book in The Narnia series. I heard some negative things about the first book, such as it being boring and maybe to just skip to the second book. However I knew going into it that this was an origin story of sorts. Since a while back I had seen The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, I was hoping I would get some background info. Well personally I felt the first book did this. I started understanding many things that I felt weren’t necessary to enjoy the film but once reading about them it was like being let in a inside joke. I thought the book was great and from the beginning I felt immersed in this world. It was the first book in an extremely long time that I read in one sitting at didn’t want to put down and wanted to read through the rest of the series. So in my opinion this was one of the best books I had read in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment