Thursday, April 29, 2010

American Gods: Revisited



American Gods:Revisited

American Gods by Neil Gaiman is a book that before this class I would have never picked up. This however seems to be the case with many of the books I am reading this year.
While reading this book there are soo many questions that I would think of, which even confused me at times. However I pushed through it because of the beautiful language that Gaiman uses through out each page. From the first page that I read I knew I was hooked and felt that even if I became bored part of the way through, I would continue to read in order to find out what the outcome of the story was. Another thing that caught my attention was the whole encounter with the guy on the plane proposing a job to Shadow without Shadow even knowing anything about him but he knew everything about Shadow. To me it was just creepy and I needed to know what was the deal.
I did feel like there were a lot of characters introduced through out this story but at no time did I become overwhelmed by it. I felt that I knew who each and every character was and it didn't even phase me that there were so many until thinking back upon it now.

As I have stated before I am truly glad for having read this book and look forward in reading it again. That way I can see if there are things I may have missed the first time around. Hopefully I will get a greater connection to the book than I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment